1.24.2014

Revlon Lash Potion Mascara in 001


Revlon Lash Potion Mascara in 001 Blackest Black 
by Grow Luscious
* Regular Formula

Packaging: 4/5 
The packaging is very simple but I really liked how my eyes were drawn to this product. It seems very fairy-tale like and I also love bokeh effects so, maybe I'm a little biased.


The Wand: 4/5
I really loved the wand the product came with, it separated my lashes and coated them nicely where there wasn't any clumping issues. It was a fiber wand which focuses on volume more than length but this wand delivered. It gave you volume AND length, as the product promised.


I really think the name for the wand is very clever. 
There was a bit of thought to this product and how it could appeal to women.



Usage Comparison:


Obviously, my lashes here don't have any makeup on them, so they're completely bare. They are crazy and have a little bit of curl and they flair out at the end a little. 



 You can see a noticeable difference here. This is only with two coats.
The product delivered length and volume and that's what I got.

The formula: 3.8/5

Initially, I was not pleased with the formula itself. I felt that it lacked something and my lashes would fall a little from the weight of the product. I had heard such good things about the waterproof version of this product and I thought the regular version would be just as awesome.
I can't vouch for the waterproof formula just yet but I learned to enjoy that little tube.

Overall: 4.2/5
While it fell flat in some areas of my expectation, I did notice a little plus to the mascara that I didn't notice compared to other mascara products. This product made a difference in the length and quality of my lashes. My lashes were longer and stronger and I could see the difference after a bit of time using the product.

Bottom Line: "Would I buy this product again?"
Yes.
However, I would try the waterproof version of this mascara.

No comments:

Post a Comment